Knowing The Type Of Roofing For Your Home
Roofing needs are not as trivial as one thinks they are. The local roofing contractor will let you know how important having a good quality roof for your house is. There are various different types of roofs that are available in the market and that should be incorporated in one’s dream house. There is no doubt a good designed roof increases the beauty of a house manifold, but apart from the design, the material of construction and the type of construction are an important aspect. These should be kept in mind while hiring a local roofing contractor. Here is a list of a few types of roofing that is good for residential buildings and homes:
· Metal Roofing: These are the newest addition to the roofing options. Being environment friendly, they have been in increased demand. They are lightweight, cheaper and more viable. The local roofing contractor must be experienced enough to know about the installation techniques of metal roofing and later should be able to keep up with the maintenance when it starts to lose its luster.
· Asphalt Shingles Roofing: This type of roofing is one of the most popular amongst the home owners and the local roofing contractors alike. They are cheap and durable and have the life expectancy of up to 20 years. This depends on the weather conditions prevalent in the area. With advancing years, these asphalt shingles start losing color and may break down due to heavy rains. Various maintenance tricks and techniques can be asked from the local roofing contractors; otherwise this type of roofing is not a bad decision.
· Wood Shingle Roofing: This is one of the most aesthetically appealing roofing types. Though expensive, wood shingles roofing when done with hardwood can stay the same up to 30years or even more. This roofing is highly dependent on the type of weather witnesses in the region and should be researched upon extensively before installation.
· Flat Roofing: One of the safest options of roofing, flat roofing is cheaper when constructed. It is susceptible to drain clogging and water holding. Though they may not be as attractive as other options, these roofs can be made visually appealing with proper designing and planning. Flat roofs may need replacement in 15-20 years. This type of roofing is ideal for homes in regions where rains are a scarcity and it doesn’t snow.
· Tile Shingles Roofing: To give a Mediterranean look to the building, tile shingles roofing can be made use of. This is one of those roofing types that fall on the expensive end of the price spectrum. Though expensive, they are one of those roofing which are here to stay and may not need replacement even after half a century. There are many types of tile options available, not just the traditional clay tiles. Local Roofing Contractors who are expert in this field may help the prospective home owners find out the tile best for their dream home.
These are the various types of roofing available in the market.